I am a Psychotherapist RP (Qualifying) with a background of over twenty years in the mental health and addictions field, including self-help, consulting, speaking, coaching, and counselling. I am a 3x published author, a level three Reiki practitioner, and consider myself a life-long learner.
I believe life is ever changing through both the expected and unexpected experiences found in our relationships, life transitions, and/or our spiritual journeys. All of us, at some point, will experience these changes in the form of challenges, obstacles or losses, stirring up stresses in our lives and leaving us struggling to navigate the emotions and thoughts as a result. Using a holistic approach, it is my intention to co-create with you a safe place for addressing these challenges and obstacles to create possible change and healing. I believe that each of us has our own unique story, that is filled with meaning and purpose, as each of us strives to live a life well lived.
Areas of Special Interest:
Stress, depression and loss of motivation, anxiety, personal development, existential (isolation, fear of death, freedom, meaning-making), loss and grief, self-esteem, anger, life transitions, relationships, and spiritual care. Works with individuals and couples with a focus on EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), Narrative Therapy, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), DBT (Dialectical Behavioural Therapy), Existential Therapy, Attachment Theory, and Neuro-pyschotherapeutic .
• Wilfrid Laurier University, Master of Arts, Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy
• EFT Level 1 Certification
• Hincks-Dellcrest Centre, Narrative Therapy Certification
• Brock University, Bachelor of Education (with Distinction), Adult Education
• University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Arts, History
• Conestoga College, Post Graduate Certificate (with Honours, Senior Leadership & Management in the Not-For-Profit Sector
• Harmony Integration Academy, Life Coaching Certification
I am the Author of three books:
* Freedom, Vulnerability, and Love: A Journey of Self Discovery;
* Success In High Heels: Women of Philanthropy and Charity; and
* co-author with my two daughters in the soon to be released book Changing the World One Child at a Time: Raising Socially Conscious Children Who Love Their Lives.
I also served as senior editor of three publications:
* Finding My Way: A Personal Journey of Recovery;
* Finding My Way: Recovery Stories; and
* Finding My Way: Self Advocacy
I was featured as the Life Coach expert in the Finding Happiness: Reaching Your Peak in the lead article in the Summer 2015 Esperanza Publication.
Today these simple, but yet profound, truths guide me:
- The world is a beautiful place, and each of us has the ability to make it even more beautiful. When we do it together, the synergy is where the magic happens.
- Letting go is not easy, but it is probably one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.
- Sometimes the darkest moments are where you discover your greatest truths.
- Trust starts with you. When you trust yourself, you discover that all the answers are already within you.
- Freedom is a state of mind, and the environment is just the backdrop. Choose to experience freedom in all that you do.
- Vulnerability does not make you weak. It can be your greatest strength.
- Love is easy! When it is not easy, then it is attachment.
- Forgiveness is more about what you need than it is about the other person. Be generous with forgiveness, and your heart and soul will thank you.
- Failure is an option, and it is worth the risk.
- Remember always love yourself. You are worth it. Keep your life choices aligned with this knowing. Remember that the little choices add up. Don’t ever settle!
- Everyone has his or her own truth. Live yours. Know that others will follow their own truth. Trust that those who are aligned with your truth will remain in your life and those who are not will leave. Do not take things so personally.
- Discomfort means you are growing. In the discomfort, it is easy to forget, but do what it takes to remember that love is the answer for everything.
I live with with my two daughters, both of whom have taught me much about love, laughter, and play. In addition to my newly found love of writing, I enjoy hiking, travel and new adventures.
* I believe in the importance of living a socially conscious life. My business contributes financially to the Free the Children organization, in the hope of creating a better world for all children with clean water, education, access to medical care and sustainable living.